• Author
      studqub
      Participant

Any tips for a good book to buy for christmas,
      i was wondering if ’10 X 10′ was any good,
      anyone bought it??

Anonymous
      Participant

How about the ‘Destruction of Dublin’ by Frank MacDonald or anything on the Baroque….ah! the Baroque, wonderfully over the top architecture, painting, sculpture and music…..Tasty!………Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anonymous
      Participant

Yeah, bought it in July. Looked through it a couple of times. It’s now gathering dust.

Some good stuff in it, Dinari schemes for example, but most of it, in my humble opinion is FILLER material.

The best thing perhaps is the funky cover, reminds me of when I was a kid.

Jas
      Participant

Well you could always buy Hugh Pearman’s monstrously large volume…. its a great book and not just because he posts here

john white
      Participant

Georgio Vasari’s ‘Lives of the Artists’ published 16th Century. The first significant art and architecture critic. Father of Art Criticsm.

The Brunelleschi chapter in Vol II is fascinating and often very funny. Quite inspirational!

I reccommend George Bull’s translation: Vol II.

Paul Clerkin
      Keymaster

Hugh’s book is hardly new but excellent… havent actually bought it myself yet (sorry Hugh) but will yet….

i wish i could tell you all to buy mine but it will not be available until March 2001 and its not completely on architecture

john white
      Participant

Ooooooohhhhh…
      Didn’t know about that!

Blimey.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News