1864 – Cannock, Tait and Co. Furniture Store, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty

0192

A 2-storey furniture & carpet department facing Sarsfield Street was added to Cannock, Tait and Co., in 1864 by William Fogerty. Later a third floor was added in the same Italianate style with rooftop urns and statuary. In 1972, the firm of Winston’s succeeded in gaining a controlling share of Cannock’s and immediately the property at Sarsfield Street housing the furniture department was sold. Later demolished and the site used for a new supermarket for the adjacent Roches Stores..