1921 – Bryce & Weston Factory, Derry
Bryce and Weston at the end of the First World War built the last major shirt factory on the Strand Road. Impressive in scale, it was designed to be extended to the rear, however that didn’t happen due to the eventual decline of the shirt industry after the Second World War. The inter-war year was the period that the shirt industry completely dominated the city’s economy employing many people. One of only two works in Ireland by the architect Percy J. Westwood, it is now a supermarket and living accommodation.