1853 – Railway Station, Killarney, Co. Kerry
The railway terminus for the Great Southern and Western Railway, directly opposite their hotel property. The hotel is considered to be one of the first hotels owned by a railway company in the British Isles. The station opened on 15 July 1853 as the terminus of a 40 mile branch from Mallow. This was subsequently extended to Tralee.