1720s – Castle-leslie, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan
Described by Evelyn Shirley in “The History of the County of Monaghan”, published in 1879, as a brick house added to an earlier castle of Sir Thomas Ridgeway.
Described by Evelyn Shirley in “The History of the County of Monaghan”, published in 1879, as a brick house added to an earlier castle of Sir Thomas Ridgeway.
Simple Church of Ireland by the Board of First Fruits with a tall slender tower and long nave.
One of two farmyard complexes on the Castle Leslie estate, the other still a functional farmyard. Now converted into holiday lets.
Appealing gothick treatment for a gate lodge to the main castle. Unusual in that the main house is in a Scottish baronial style.
Simple yet elegant design leading to the long avenue to the castle. Now unused, the gates themselves have fallen into disrepair.
A cutstone house, recently renovated, and formerly the game keepers house, located in the heart of the Castle Leslie Estate.
Fantastic small stone Railway Station, which although has spent many years closed up, still has its platforms intact.
Castle Leslie stands on the site of an earlier castle and was designed by Charles Lanyon and W.H.
At the entrance to the Leslie Demense from the village, this substantial stone building has been used as a hotel,
Designed by Sir John Leslie in memory of his brother Charles Powell Leslie from whom he inherited the estate.