1891 – Bank of Ireland, Stephen St., Sligo
“The new branch of the Bank of Ireland which has just been erected in Stephen street, Sligo, is in the Italian style, from designs by Messrs. Millar and Symes, of this city, the architects to the Bank of Ireland. The exterior walling is of Ballysodare limestone in coursed and jointed ashlar, with dressings of Mount Charles granite. The bullding consists of three storeys. The cash office is a fine apartment, measuring 38 ft. by 22 ft. and 14 ft. high, lighted by two large and lofty windows. Its walls and ceiling are richly decorated with dentilled cornices and floriated modillions. Exteriorly the office is flanked by a loggia at each end—that to the east is the public entrance, whilst that to the west leads to the agent’s residence above. It need scarcely be stated that all the minor accessories for such a building are suitably provided for. The contractors were Messrs. Clarence and Son, Ballysodare. The sanitary and plumbing work was done by Mr. Galloway, Sligo. The cost was about £5,000.” The Irish Builder, September 1 1891.