Alfred G.S. Clayton
Great Northern Railway
1905 – Former Bank, Keady, Co. Armagh
1858 – Former Railway Station, Tynan, Co. Armagh
Architect: Alfred G.S. Clayton
Fantastic small Gothic Railway Station, which has spent many years closed up, and is an increasing state of dereliction. Gothic block with tall pitched roofs, diamond mullioned windows and a low, now truncated spire. Much of the building survives including a bridge linking both platforms and the signal box. Interior has a fine vaulted wooden ceiling. Designed by Alfred G.S. Clayton, a London architect, who also designed the nearby Glaslough Station for the same railway company as part of the Ulster Railway extension from Armagh to Monaghan. These are his two Irish completed works.