1855 – Viaduct, Randalstown, Co. Antrim

Architect: Sir Charles Lanyon

0647

The 8-arched, basalt and brick viaduct was opened in 1855 for the Belfast & Ballymena Railway Co, connecting the town to the Northern Counties system. The station was closed in 1950 and has been disused ever since. The top of the Viaduct and part of the railway track have been converted into a walkway and cycle path leading from Station Road to New Street.

See Also