1864 – Father Mathew Statue, Patrick Street, Cork
Base designed by William Atkins, with the statue by celebrated Irish sculptor John Henry Foley. Cast at Southwark in bronze, an unveiled 10 October 1864. Father Theobald Mathew (1790 – 1856) was an Irish Catholic priest and teetotalist reformer, popularly known as Father Mathew. There is another statue to him on O’Connell Street in Dublin.