William Hague (1840-1899)
1873 – Bishop’s Palace, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
Architect: William Hague
Built to designs by William Hague, at a cost of £10,000, after he won a competition for its design. Designed in a severe Institutional Gothic like many convents around Ireland. This building replaced an earlier parochial house, which still stands to the east albeit in a much altered form as part of a community centre.