1860 – Drinking Fountain, Parkgate St., Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward

1131

Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “The mural fountain, also illustrated herein – has been in Parkgate street, near to the city entrance to the Phoenix – after a design by the same architects and was likewise the gift of His Excellency, whose characteristic discrimination and eminent philanthropy most happily suggested the availability of this site. The water is exceedingly pure, and passes through a filter similar to those used in London. Messrs Cockburn the constructive portions, and Messrs Purdy and Co, the carvings. Cost about £50.” Only the recess in the park wall remains.

Last Updated June 28th, 2024 at 7:11 pm