1901 – Salvation Army Citadel, Rupert St., Winnipeg

Architect: J. Wilson Gray

161 portage

Containing a large hall seating 900, a smaller hall for 250 people, a band room, offices, and officer’s quarters, it was designed not to be as intimidating as the religious and military structures of the time. All central work was handled at this Citadel until 1960 when the new Provincial Headquarters opened on Colony Street. Now sitting empty and boarded up.

Last Updated July 2nd, 2024 at 12:52 am