1902 – Graduates Memorial Building, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew



The Graduates Memorial Building was constructed to celebrate three hundred years of Trinity College Dublin, and originally named the Graduates’ Tercentenary Memorial Building. Replacing the northern range of the Rubrics, a range of buildings popularly known as Rotten Row, construction started in 1899. Designs were submitted by Robert John Stirling, Thomas Newenham Deane and Sir Thomas Drew, with Drew’s being selected.