1867 – Ferrybank Catholic Church, Co. Waterford
Built in two phases, this church was started by Pugin & Ashlin in 1867. They added a tower and spire to the front of a pre-existing church that a local landowner, Sir Henry Page Turner Barron, wished to completely rebuild. The tower walls carried down to form Barron family vault. However, this did not happen until 1903 when Ashlin finally got to rebuild the remainder with the church largely complete by 1906.
Mentioned in The Dublin Builder, prior to start of construction – “Oke of our illustrations is a sketch of the New R.C. Church at Ferrybank, Co. Waterford. Only the tower (which is to be built at the sole expense of Pierce Marcus Barron, Esq.) is being erected at present; it is, however, intended to remove the present church, and substitute for it the one shown in the view. The tower walls have been carried down to form the family vault of the Barron family. The architects are Messrs. Pugin and Ashlin, of St. Stephen’s-green and Ely-place, Dublin; and the contractor is Mr. James Scanlan, of Elgin-road, Dublin.”