Waterford City Architects
1841 – Assembly House, Waterford
2012 – Museum of Treasures, Waterford
Architect: Waterford City Architects
Situated between Cathedral Square and the Bishop’s Palace, Waterford’s latest museum is a tribute to Medieval Waterford and life in the city during that period. The exterior has beautiful curved and flowing creamy stonework. A relief sculpture on the exterior references a small item of jewellery on show in the museum dating from medieval times. The underneath of the overhang is gilded, harking back to the decorative features of the middle ages. As part of the complex, the medieval vaulted Chorister’s Hall survives and is one of the centrepieces of the new museum.