NI European Heritage Days – Sept 13&14

Home Forums Ireland NI European Heritage Days – Sept 13&14

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      dc3
      Participant

There are copies of the printed programme for the European Heritage Days events 2008 available in the NITB Office in Dublin should any be interested, or en route to IKEA for some retail therapy.

(Or a reflection on why an IKEA can be added to Belfast with only dual carriage way access while Dublin needs an enhanced M50 to do the same) .

Being NI, a lot of places are closed on the Sunday:mad::mad:

Anonymous
      Inactive

@dc3 wrote:

There are copies of the printed programme for the European Heritage Days events 2008 available in the NITB Office in Dublin should any be interested, or en route to IKEA for some retail therapy.

(Or a reflection on why an IKEA can be added to Belfast with only dual carriage way access while Dublin needs an enhanced M50 to do the same) .

Being NI, a lot of places are closed on the Sunday:mad::mad:

what’s with the cross faces? what exactly is ” being NI” supposed to mean?

Anonymous
      Inactive

It means that the Calvinist ethic gets imposed on the entire population whether they like it or not (I presume).

Anonymous
      Inactive

the Arminianists can always visit the places on the Saturday. Expecting somewhere to be open on a Sunday is as inflexible as the closing of the places in the first place.

It will leave them free to worship at the altar of Ikea on the Sunday

Anonymous
      Inactive

Being NI, you are allowed to worship at your deity Retailia from 1 – 6 on Sundays so most places aren’t closed.

Any why would you want to shop at IKEA, as Architects (and I am asuming we all are here) we don’t you make some bespoke furniture, would be even cheaper and have more character then the rubbish in IKEA.

Sorry maybe I have offended some, there might be students present!

😀

Anonymous
      Inactive

@wearnicehats wrote:

Expecting somewhere to be open on a Sunday is as inflexible as the closing of the places in the first place.

I see your point, but the event is advertised as covering the weekend:

@(my emphasis) wrote:

On Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September. European Heritage Open Day will come to you in Northern Ireland. During this weekend , you will be given the opportunity to explore venues and grounds that are normally closed to the public.

(From: http://www.ni-environment.gov.uk/other-index/events/ehd.htm)

That quoted statement is patently false.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@ctesiphon wrote:

I see your point, but the event is advertised as covering the weekend:

(From: http://www.ni-environment.gov.uk/other-index/events/ehd.htm)

That quoted statement is patently false.

it’s patently not false – 242 venues are open at some point during the weekend. There are 242 venues. Imagine the cost of keeping all of them open for 2 full days, probably to see 2 men and a dog visit 25% of them. Don’t be lazy – do your research, see where you’d like to visit and work out how to do it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Gosh – open for two days in a row! Think of the cost! We’ll have to count the bawbees!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@johnglas wrote:

Gosh – open for two days in a row! Think of the cost! We’ll have to count the bawbees!

perhaps dc3 should look at the similar amount of venues only open for one day in Glasgow on the 20th and 21st. I’m sure there’s a steroetypical view of tightfistedness he’d love to share with us

Anonymous
      Inactive

Or even the obvious presence of a humour by-pass (stereotypical as well?).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News