3d for me

Home › Forums › Ireland › 3d for me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #705761
    bluefoam
    Participant

    I am an Industrial Designer, just started into a job designing shop interiors, fittings and equipment.
    We are looking at the possibilities here for future software requirements, and are interested in ArchiCAD, Viz & Rhino. Because of my Industrial Design background I would be in favour of Rhino for modelling & design (+ Penguin looks really good) and Vis for renderings and amimation. In my previous job I used SolidWorks and Max.

    I am not fully aware of the benefits of ArchiCAD, but it does look like a pretty serious option. And it would be standard kit in this industry.

    Can you please offer any opinions or views.

    #721277
    Starch
    Participant

    archicad’s good………..for buildings, but when it comes to modelling some objects it becomes difficult, like curving in 2 different planes, it’s at that stage that you have to start learning the computer script for it, GDL, but in sayin that it’s a really great package………

    #721278
    -Donnacha-
    Participant

    bluefoam,

    I’d give the message board on this site a try – very useful resourse for all your CAD type needs (& more)

    http://www.cadtutor.net/

    #721279
    bluefoam
    Participant

    Thanks

    #721280
    rafael pinho
    Participant

    have you ever heard of sketchUp? I’ve been using rhino and max for a while, but sometimes sketchup turns out to be the best tool for modeling specific objects… especially macro detailing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.