Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

justnotbothered
Participant

@PoxyShamrock wrote:

Boo! Get Rid of The Docks!!!

Why? There’s still nothing concrete about this proposal, I’d like to see a proper pro and con list to keeping the docks in Limerick, as opposed to building superport in Foynes, it’s not good enough to say I want high buildings, or I want to keep a 1,000 year port open, whats the benefits to either plan?

To be honest, I’m a lot more interesting in the plans for King’s Island around the Court House/Potato Market on the link Shane posted. It’s nothing outlandish but could really improve the area. The Island is such a waste of the city, it should be a beautiful part of town but instead it’s completely given over to thugs from the Island field. Indeed, I would love to see the Island Field itself transformed from an urban ghetto (which it effectively is) to an urban living space. It’s situated on a beautiful stretch of river, with marvellous views of the Clares Hills and is walking distance from town, it should be a deserable place to live, but instead, it’s a disaster area. (And frankly, it hasn’t improved anywhere near enough in the last 10 years).

As a riverside city, we should have an enjoyable riverwalk all along the Shannon, hopefully this development will be the next step in providing that facility.

Latest News