Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

I dont think anyone can deny that the likes of castletroy/monaleen, dooradoyle and raheen should be part of the city, i mean dooradoyle and raheen are only 2 miles from the city centre, the current situation is ludicrous, its not just about boosting the city’s population, its about managing the development of the greater city area in an efficient and coherent manner. The current situation is a shambles with limerick county council more interested in lining their pockets with rates from suburban developments than actually looking after the needs of the county its supposed to be serving, county hall is a prime example of LCC’s attitude, it should have been built in newcastlewest but for petty reasons it was built in dooradoyle just to put down a marker! Furthermore there is almost no co-operation whatsoever between the city and county councils, just look at the 2 huge retail complexes that have been approved for coonagh and groody in the last year, taking no account of the effect these developments would have on the city centre, again these would be huge rate earners for the council and i guess this was the deciding factor!

As for Marks & spencer i think its common knowledge that they will be one of the anchor tenants in the Opera centre, debenhams have apparently bought up roches stores, whether or not this means the end of the roches stores brand name i dont know but it would be a shame to see another Irish retailer dissapear!

Latest News