Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@justnotbothered wrote:

Colonge Mike, the one problem with all your excellant post is that you’ve highlighted the wrong buildings. It is the buildings on the turn in the river, in front of the small park, that are being knocked.

While you’re point about housing density is a good one, it’s unclear to me that this road could take another 49 cars, or that 5 storeys would look anything other than out of place in consideration to it’s neighbouring houses. The strand in question is prone to flooding, thoguh the riverwall has been improved in recent years.

Clancy Strand

I have finally found the exact location of the proposed development. The aerial image shows the highlighted planning proposal. It could eventually kick-start other developments on this stretch of the Clancy Strand. I’m sure lucrative sums will be offered to the other two-storey householders. This proposed development will eventually come through the planning process in one form or other, it’s scale, height etc, etc (1,2,3,4 or 5 storey) will surely have bearings for all future development here? My main concern remains for a coherent skyline between Clancy Strand Barracks and St Munchin’s Church. High-rise or low-rise(1-2 storey) are here in my opinion non-runners. I would favour 4-5 storey residential developments.

Latest News