Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

I’ve finally managed to get hold of some drawings of the strand hotel development, turns out it seriously wasnt worth the wait, i think its awful, hugely dissapointing compared to the just completed riverpoint tower, why they couldnt have taken inspiration from that and kicked on is anyones guess!. The building on the ennis road side(on the right) has the potential to become the 21st century version of munchins house (which has now been completely levelled thankfully!) Is this the hotel?, its not very clear, judging by the number of balconies on the other building i pressume that is going to be the apartment complex. The use of mock georgian brickwork in Limerick is reaching epidemic proportions, it looks so tacky here, its a terrible contrast with the other material which is undoubtedly cheap white cladding, how these cheap, featureless buildings get through the planning process ill never know!, This gets a serious thumbs down, shocking!:mad:

Latest News