Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@ShaneP wrote:

It ‘s good to see so much work going on with the city’s public spaces – Milk Market, Park Canal, Bedford Row, Baker Place, new marina and perhaps a new street too. It often strikes me that over the last few years while so much new private sector building was going on there was a real lack of anything promising coming from the city council, especially when compared with other cities around the country. Its nearly 15 years since Arthur’s Quay and King John’s castle were (re)developed and in the mean time one only has to look at Dublin and Cork (Smithfield, Meeting House Square, new bridges over the Lffey along with patrick St. and Emmet Place/Crawford gallery in Cork) Limerick has a bit of catching up to do in this department – The lack of any sort of decent quality public space in the city centre being a constant and justifiable criticism by visitors to Limerick. Hopefully all these projects will turn out well and that Arthur’s Quay can be added to the to do list asap. I also think the space between Hunt Museum and Shannon has potential if anyone has any thoughts.

I think once the City centre’s image and street enhancement take shape, Other positive events will follow and really turn things around and create buzz in the City centre. This is something Limerick city centre does lack a proper public space with integrated pedstrian street plan. Its about time they have set it stone. If the currrent development is progressing the way its going it won’t be long before they turn their attention to the Aurthur’s Quay area.
BTW did anyone see the Property Outlook section of The Irish Times last week, an Interesting article of Limerick’s transformation and a impressive image of the Bedford Row pedestrianisaton. The Bedford Row project is veru impressive 🙂

Latest News