Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@jimg wrote:

The situation with the bickering over the city boundary contributes to this process by making it impossible to implement a proper planning policy. But even if the boundary problem was fixed, I feel the general attitude towards planning and development among the general public in LImerick would be reflected in the council’s decisions – there is little appreciation of the idea that the city centre should be the focus of development and only when it cannot be developed any further should the planners start looking further out.

Good point on that Jimg,
I think this would be the final piece of the jigsaw to the current problems Limerick is faced with planning & development,
If the boundary issue were dealt with, I the commercial rates would come down and attract more retailers to the city centre, Limerick would develop immensely and in orderly fashion. As a result Limerick city would be a world-class city. The extra money pumped in will give this city the possibility spend money where is meant to and clear the unnecessary debts

I have to give credit to the City council for trying to get the boundary extension rolling and attracting investors to the city, and schemes such as Living over the shop & developments like the Old George site and Bedford row redevelopment.
hese new quarters will be very promising to the city centre and will lead to more businesses and retailers to relocate here 🙂

Latest News