Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@Griff wrote:

Was it the city council that refused permission for a cinema at Coonagh ?.. building one on the Tipperary rd is crazy. Limerick is roughly T shaped , 2 ends of the T ( C’Troy and Raheen) already have cinemas. The best location for a new cinema out of town would have been Coonagh. But the real issue is that there is no cinema in the heart of the city.. So next year,people sitting at home in Castletroy will think – will i drive 6 minutes to the Tipp rd cinema or 5 minutes to the one at Superquin…hmmmmm Rio’s chips on the way home maybe..

The City Council refused permission for the cinema at Coonagh Cross on the basis that the city centre was a more preferable location for such a development. I have no doubt that had this area been under their jurisdiction, the current proposal would also have been turned down.

Having 3 cinema’s in relatively close proximity to each other on the southside of the city is absolutely ridiculous! You could possibly make a case for a cinema on the northside but then again this would more than likely render a city centre complex unviable! I dont really think there is a market for 4 cinema’s in Limerick.

This proposed project in Ballysimon will have 9 screens and is located behind the new medical centre on the Castletroy link road, just off the Garryglass roundabout.

Parkes Property Holdings Ltd

Permission for a leisure facility consisting of bowling facilities, cinemas, games areas and associated bars, cafe, foyer services and retail areas.

Towlerton, Ballysimon

Latest News