Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

justnotbothered
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

The bottom line for me was to bring a little bit balance to the “Limerick Boat Club” topic.

To say that the plans are crap is farcical. The Ennis Road side needs some improvement and the pier location maybe controversial, but these plans are never crap!

You aren’t bringing balance, you’re cheerleading for an ugly building in a sensitive site.

The plans are absolute rubbish, I’m old enough to remember the many promises which came with Cruises street, Arthurs Quay Shopping centre and Steamboat quay to be as easily impressed by some lego inspired rubbish flung up on the river. It’s so utterly out of character with it’s surrounds that I struggle to see how you can see any merit in it.

The reason the you might have felt there wasn’t any balance to this topic is because when 9 out of 10 people can see a proposal is crap, it’s always going to bring about an unbalanced discussion. If we all rounded up against Steamboat Quay would you suddenly feel a burning desire to praise it? Or if we all felt Todds was looking a bit shabby, would you suddenly see careful, exotic nuances in it’s design which we have somehow missed?

Again, I’m surprised you stake any part of your reputation on this site by defending and cheerleading this project.

Latest News