Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

KeepAnEyeOnBob
Participant

The boardwalk is a good idea. Clancy Strand is a nice walk as part of a Limerick city tour (from Treaty Stone to Sarsfield bridge and back to city centre, as opposed to going back to the castle and up to the cathedral a second time).

The pavement works on Clancy Strand are nicely done, and it is good to see some new lighting and less overhead wires – but I am not so sure about the new light fixtures.

Sarsfield bridge could do with a bit of work. It’s a fine bridge in my inexpert but local opinion. There is a marker on the bridge to mark it having been done up in the 1970s, but the mortar between the stone on the parapets doesn’t seem so great, and there is a lousy stoney concrete pavement with lines marking it out like paving slabs. Even the tarmac on the roadway would be less obtrusive if properly relaid and marked. The lamps are I think all working again, and I think they were painted in recent years, but they could be properly cleaned up and restored.

Latest News