Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@vkid wrote:

Speaking of the Opera Centre, did i see somewhere a decision on the new plans is due this month??

A decision is due by next Thursday, provided the planning department don’t look for further clarification on the plans. Although the word is that they are now satisfied with the information they received a few weeks back.

Unfortunately we don’t know what that information is. It would be great if the developers came around to the idea of retaining the buildings on Ellen Street, although that’s probably being optimistic. Either way we should know the score next week.

Incidentally I came across a large group of Italian tourists yesterday, making their way from the Hunt Museum towards O Connell Street. As they passed the forlorn, boarded up buildings on Rutland/Patrick St, many of them starting gesturing and pointing at them, the group then stopped to take some photos. They seemed to be particularly interested in the building with the tree growing out of it:eek:; I don’t think they could quite believe what they were seeing! Its certainly makes for an impressive sight, literally on the doorstep of one of the city’s main tourist attractions. What an embarrassment!:o

Latest News