Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

ShaneP
Participant

It’s them alright. Just found it on their website. There’s a few other images,( still trying to figure out how to insert them on this site) not that that they really explain anything – it’s as vague and waffly as the accompanying shpiel. It’s a huge area – wonder what it all means. Any other entries been published? I knew the city council had commisioned a masterplan but never heard anything about it being a competition. As for the new block beside the park – past it last weekend, can’t believe that’s the finished product, you’d think with all the controversy surrounding the site, they’d have made a bit of an effort. The timber cladding, I can only presumed glued on, looks like it’s seen better days, although maybe it’ll fall off soon to reveal something much more pleasing, sort of like a a Carl Scarpa design on speed. It’s a real wasted opportunity there, although I don’t think it was wrong to build on a bit of the park. It would probably be best to sell off the big wedge shaped piece of land at the Wolfe Tone St. side along with the other bit of left over space near the station and complete the Georgian Square plan that was originally intended by Mr. Pery and others in the 1830’s.

Latest News