Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

The Minister for the Environment John Gormley today signed the Ministerial order at a ceremony at Watchhouse Cross library to officially extend the Limerick city boundary. The alteration means the city has gained an extra 7,000 residents and the urban area has increased in size by over 2,000 acres.

Clonmacken, Caherdavin, Knock, Shanabooley, Ballygrennan, Clonconane,Clondrinagh, Coonagh East, Coonagh West…Welcome to Limerick City!

Dear Resident,

I am very glad to welcome you as new citizens to the City of Limerick. The enlargement of the City, to incorporate those suburbs immediately beside it, is critical to the economic growth and well being of Limerick. It is difficult to believe that this partial extension is the first change to the boundary in 58 years.

Your City Council has the growth and development of the City as its sole focus. As you join us, I want to assure you that I and my fellow councillors, together with the staff of the Council, will work hard to improve your local services, as befits the citizens of the third City of the country.

The effect of the boundary change means that the areas of Clonmacken, Caherdavin, Knock, Shanabooley, Clonconane, Clondrinagh, Coonagh East, Coonagh West and Ballygrennan, which includes the Moyross estates of Pineview Gardens, Delmege and Craeval Parks are now legally part of the city.

As part of this boundary change, you will have a vote in electing the new City Council in June 2009. Until then, I and my fellow councillors are available to help in any way we can. We want your input and thoughts on the exciting developments planned for the city.

I wish to acknowledge the role played by Limerick County Council in this matter, and also the report of Mr. John Fitzgerald. I commend Mr. John Gormley T.D. Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government for his leadership in granting this historic decision.

Yours, most sincerely,
Ger Fahy
Mayor of Limerick
March 1st, 2008.

Latest News