Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Looks like the owner had never serious intentions of re-developing the pub himself and just went through the motions of the planning process to get the maximum price for his property. The whole row of houses, with their ‘arses’ to the river are quite a sight!:eek: Maybe the Limerick City Council should acquire the whole row, demolish them and extend the river promenade over them? Pity that they blew € 83 million on a € 10 million sewerage pipe, can’t be too much left in the kitty.

Any ideas yourself?

Fair enough, the houses backing onto the river do look a bit haphazard, I see one resident has his/her clothes hung out to dry aswell! Not a bad place to live though in fairness, the views of the castle must be nice! The thing is though, given a choice between maintaining the status quo or letting that hideous apartment block destroy the area, I think I could live with the houses, arses and all!

Your suggestion of a riverside promenade would be a much better option but sadly I think the quayside from Thomond bridge to Shannon bridge marks the limit of Limerick City Councils ambition, at least for now !

Latest News