Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Fairy
Participant

@Dreamstate wrote:

I hear that O’Connor and Shanahan architects have put a submission to Limerick City Council looking to save Arthurs Quay Park. Anyone know anything about it?

Dear Dreamstate,

Like most of all that happens around Limerick City you and me, Mr and Mrs public, are continuously being fed the proverbial mushroom treatment, (feed them bullshit and keep them in the dark)!!!. Look to the Opera Centre, anyone know of a commencement date? more importantly anyone seen any of the ‘New Plans’ ?. Guess not!, how strange!, this project is being hailed as the turning point in the retail development and consumer mecca of the City, yet, where are the plans to salivate over? Forgive me but, HARK,!!!!! Mr and Mrs Public know nothing! Best we can hope for is, droplets from the ‘Limk Post’ to keep us informed. Shame on you Limk Council, this is a an utter disgrace.

As for A.Quay, Dear Dreamstate, (so aptley named) if my theory is correct, 20 years from now, we will have another glass clad monstrosity or other buildings defacing Patrick St which wtll once again have to be [I]’pulled down’. [/I]Look around, there is not one building going up in and around Limerick that will stand the test of time. Who cares?, we live and admire the throw-away society, and this my firend is the chant of our Councils. Slap it up and see how it works, why should they care they are playing with ‘play dough’ what concerns me is, we have no say in the matter, You will never see plans for A.Quay (other than an artist impression which is given out with such seramony, that’s all we have for the Opera Centre, a 250mil euro developement that is going to transform our city , but guess what? ‘its a secret’

Fairy::rolleyes:

Latest News