Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@vkid wrote:

i wonder are they starting it anyway…there was workmen going in and out of the buildings this morning again and they are definitely stripping out some of the shops and the old workspace building..plenty high vis vests going in that gate near the old Quinns pub..

I took a little stroll around the site on Friday afternoon, there seemed to be a few limited signs of life, 5 or 6 workmen knocking around the laneway between the cahill may roberts building and the granary, they seemed to be taking away a lot of material in skips, in preparation for demolition maybe? I also hadnt realised that the City Council had fenced off the area between Quinns and the granary!, the sign said it was done back in July “to secure the site for redevelopment” its a pity there hasnt been any sign of “redevelopment” since then. I noticed bogues yard, which is at the core of the site ( between Rutland St and Michael St) has also been sealed off, Id imagine this and Bank Place will be the main access points to the site for the construction works.

Its only when you have a good look at the site that you realise what a mammoth project this is going to be. The former AIB, the adjacent building on Ellen Street along with the near derelict Georgian on Patrick St and the river deep building all have to come down along with the rears of 8 and 9 Patrick Street and a couple more on Ellen Street. Most of the remaining buildings will then have to be braced and secured, the amount of facade retention is going to be pretty dramatic. This part of town should be a pretty interesting place over the next 2/3 years!

Latest News