Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Participant

@vkid wrote:

i love the Granary building myself. Its a pity more of those buildings were not restored instead of demolished. Going by the old pictures of the city there was a hell of a lot more there than are left now. I think there is one on Roches Street which is to be restored and the Antique shop near the Horse and Hound pub on William St/Mulgrave street is nicely done recently.

Its a pity most of these were not kept. They are the kind of buildings you don’t see everywhere

My understanding is the owner of the Granary is one of the people to whom the original Opera Centre consortium have sold up to,

I’m not sure but that the lease the council have for the library are their area and such isn’t up in the next few years. It might see the building retained but the use changed to be the cafe area of the Opera centre with the glass structure opening into the centre itself.

Latest News