Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Participant

We got no artists impression with the application, unlike the Redemptorists who have excellent photos showing what the visual impact of their development would be (almost none).

That drawing you’ve posted indicates Jackon’s Turret being much closer to the road in both elevation and horizontal distance than it actually is, why would someone do that unless they were hiding the real impact of the development. Fact is on the drawings you can see that the Turret will be completely shielded from view unless you are standing right in front of it. I have no problem per se with the strand side of the development being 4/5 storey. I do have a problem with that elevation proceeding all the way to the back of the plot. And I agree completely with the idea that balconies should be part of the development to allow people to enjoy the view and also to give some life to the development. There are countless seaside and port/ dockside models for development which would be suitable and profitable well unless you paid stupid money over the odds for the site but that’s Wall’s problem not ours.

Latest News