Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

apelles
Participant

@gunter wrote:

I was only ever in the freaky vaults of Nicholas of Myra once, and I’ve no particular desire to go again, but I have a dim recollection that Mrs. Leeson and some of the kids are down there, but I don’t recall that Leeson himself was there, I wonder had he fallen out with another PP by the time his time had come, as it were?

Nicholson Numskull 🙂

. . . . tell us more

I’ve done searches for the full article of Nicholson Numskull’s ‘Essay on the Rise and Progress of Architectural Taste in Dublin’ (1832) & apart from the few mentions on the DOIA, & jstor (which I can’t get access to), the other references always lead me back to Brendan’s lectures . .
So if you do have access to the ‘Nicholson Numskull’ essay Brendan, would you be so good as to post the whole thing in its entirety for us to view.

Very unusual that someone as successful & accomplished as Patrick Byrne has no visible headstone at his burial site . .He hardly died penniless did he?

Latest News