Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

apelles
Participant

Sorry Praxiteles, I’m in need of your mentoring skills once again.:o I’m probably wrecking your poor head with more questions about Latin quotations. I’m currently undertaking the decoration of another sanctuary in a Church dedicated to the ‘Familiae sanctae’
The Chancel is a five sided apse in shape, with each of the three central walls having representations in stained glass windows with stories of the Holy family. Each wall measures approximately three meters in length & I’m looking to create a Latin worded decorative frieze (300mm deep) along the complete length of the upper wall area with five relevant quotations along the top of each 3m section.

*SANCTÆ FAMILIÆ IESU, MARIÆ, IOSEPH* might be one i could use.
*sanctum sanctorum* or *Credo in Unum Deum* would be to short to adequately fill the space’s & are not particularly relevant.
Alternatively one continuous Hymn would suffice but I’m not having much luck here either. .

This one is just to long;
Domine Iesu Christe, qui Mariae et Ioseph subditus, domesticam vitam ineffabilibus virtutibus consecrasti: fac nos, utriusque auxilio, Familiae sanctae tuae exemplis instrui; et consortium consequi sempiternum: Qui vivis et regnas cum Deo Patri in unitate Spiritus Sancti Deus, per omnia saecula saeculorum.

O Lord Jesus Christ, who, being subject to Mary and Joseph, didst sanctify home life with unspeakable virtues: grant, that, by the aid of both, we may be taught by the example of Thy Holy Family, and attain to eternal fellowship with it: Who livest and reign-est, with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.:)

Latest News