Re: Re: Cork Harbour

Home Forums Ireland Cork Harbour Re: Re: Cork Harbour

Anonymous
Inactive

@samuel j wrote:

Welcome Sir Norman…. 1st of many posts I hope.
Strange view by residents that no link, they all well sourced water supplies I would think…and would have though many good and bad tanks in area. Septic tank permission I believe have now got tighter (or at least according to two pals of mine that have recently built..costly I hear) but many houses have been built on that bally-walter stretch before recent times so would doubt if all have decent systems and/or correct perculation
with respect to neighnours wells.
You know any more about the 90+ houses mentioned in thread by and the helpfulness of a councillor…

There is a local community water scheme in Ballymore/Walterstown. Its provided from a 150-200ft deep well on reasonably high ground.

Most people do have wells, my folks live in the general area and have a 120ft deep one. Nicest water Ive ever tasted, I will say that., much better than the shite I get here up in Galway. It was tested a few years ago, and passed all tests, except for a slightly high Nitrate (or Nitrite, cant remember) concentration. That said, they’re on the edge of development and are effectively ‘first in line’ for the water flow.

All houses have septic tanks, yes they are getting much more strict with them, but Id say most houses would fail a test if there is one.

IMO Ballymore should be left as it is (no more ribbon development and no estates thx). Much better infrastructure is needed (transport, water, etc etc etc) before anything should go ahead. And maybe a shop. Concentrate tasteful development on Cobh, and leave Ballymore etc a greenfield site as it is. Maybe a bit of a streetscape, but keep it to Ballymore, and not sprawl it out to Walterstown.

Edit: And does anyone else think it crazy that Cobh, as an island, is under two seperate governing bodies? The town, up to Cuskinny, is under Cobh, the rest of the island under Midleton??? So the country area gets shafted cos Midleton dont give a rats about it.

Latest News