Reply To: Coup d’Etat in An Taisce?

Home Forums Ireland Coup d’Etat in An Taisce? Reply To: Coup d’Etat in An Taisce?

GrahamH
Participant

She didn’t get a chance to develop any of her points, except when she was rebuking O’ Cuiv that time.
Frank did well, much better than last time, although as usual there wasn’t enough time to develop points, he spent most of it simply trying to clear up statistical issues rather than putting AT’s policies across. In fact, I don’t think in th whole half hour did he have a chance to put forward an AT policy and explain it.
O’ Cuiv – what a fool, he makes me boil with rage “Oh well we keep building more roads and infrastructure in Dublin & the East and are getting nowhere so I think it’s time rural Ireland got the resources for improved infrasructure”
???? YOU’RE THE ONES IN GOVERNMENT! YOU’RE THE ONES NOT GETTING US ANYWHERE IN THE EAST!
And that most ludicrous of remarks I’ve ever heard in my life – one he’s made before – in relation to the fact one off housing generates car dependancy “Well Dublin is choked with cars with wall to wall traffic, so we in Dublin aren’t ones to talk”
Oh of course, so rural Ireland has some catching up to do has it?
How pathetic.

As usual Prime Time failed miserably in the presentation stakes – I was wondering as I watched how many of the 400,000 viewers or so had any idea of what a one-off house is, what it looks like, or indeed what a septic tank is, and the effects they have, esp when not working.
These issues should have been cleared up at the start with an explanitary report. Television is a visual medium, something RTE have yet to cop on to. The debate may have well as been on radio.

Latest News