1868 – Killadeas Manor, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Armstrong


Previously known as Rockfield until rebuilt in 1860 by Colonel J.G. Irvine, who reputedly brought craftsmen from Italy to do the interior decoration. The Victorian-Italianate house consists of two storeys and constructed under the supervision of William Armstrong. The main front has a three-arched loggia, flanked by a square tower with belvedere. During the 2nd World War it was requisitioned by the UK Government and was used as an Officers’ Mess and GHQ for the seaplane base of Killadeas on Lough Erne. The house remained in the Irvine family until 1957, when it was acquired for use as a hotel, and is now the centrepiece of a hotel and lesiure facility.