1765 – Pomeroy House, Pomeroy, Co. Tyrone


Built in 1765 by the Rev James Lowry, Rector of Clougherny. The entrance front had a central, three-sided bow, one bay on either side of it. A projecting porch was later added to the bow, with Ionic pilasters. The garden front was of five bays, prolonged by a single-storey dining-room wing of 1815, with Wyatt windows in a three-sided bow and a polygonal lantern on the roof. In 1960 Pomeroy House was sold to the Northern Ireland Forest Service, and was subsequently demolished. A car park now occupies the site.