O'Connell Street Limerick
1963 – Woolworth’s O’Connell Street, Limerick
Architect: Douglas W. Hardy
The 97th Woolworths store opened in Limerick, on O’Connell Street in 1921. The original building was the Limerick Furnishing Warehouse. Rebuilt in 1963 in their house style by their architectural team led by Douglas W. Hardy. A similar style was used at their Grafton Street store in Dublin in 1966. Closed in 1984 with the demise of the chain in Ireland. The groundfloor store has been split into three units.