1868 – Pavilion, Victoria Wharf, Dun Laoghaire

Architect: James H. Owen / Board of Public Works


A temporary pavilion constructed for the visit of Prince of Wales – Prince Edward and his wife Princess Alexandra, by James H. Owen, Architect to the Board of Public Works from 1856 until 1891. Victoria Wharf was constructed in 1837, which the Dublin and Kingstown Railway extended and a new railway terminus created convenient to the wharf. Later renamed St. Michael’s Wharf. Illustration from The Illustrated London News, April 1868.