1826 – Former Courthouse, Bantry, Co. Cork
Built as a Courthouse and jail (bridewell) in 1824-1828 to a design by Cork-based architect George R. Pain. The building was burnt in 1920s, restored and closed in the 1990s. One of 5 court houses built to the Pains’ design in the different sessions towns in County Cork. Symmetrical design with flanking doorways and a central Venetian window. Now commercial premises and the local tourist information office.