1755 – Belvoir Park, Newtownbreda, Co. Down
A Georgian house for Arthur Hill, later Viscount Dungannon, which was added to the North end of an earlier house. Later additions by William J. Barre to the house including the fine courtyard with rooftop cupola, and a balustraded parapet to the house. Its last resident was Sir James Johnston, Lord Mayor of Belfast in 1917-1918.
In the 1920s it was suggested that Belvoir Park might be used as a residence for the Governor of Northern Ireland, and a golf course was constructed on part of the demense. Sadly Hillsborough Castle was chosen instead, and the house fell into ruin. In 1955 the remaining estate and house was sold to the Northern Ireland Housing Trust. 150-acres of former parkland was leased to the Forest Service and became Belvoir Park Forest, while the rest was used to build housing. Belvoir Park was blown up by the Army in 1961 with the site now used as a car park.