1738 – Bective House, Smithfield, Dublin
Designed by Richard Cassels for Thomas Taylor, afterwards 1st Lord Headfort and Earl of Bective. It included extensive stables running back to Queen Street. No trace now exists.
“…the Earl removed to No 17 Rutland square. Bective House in Smithfield was subsequently converted into an agricultural implement factory foundry and ironworks, and finally was taken down within the last twenty years, and its site and garden converted into a yard or enclosure for cattle.” The Irish Builder, February 1 1894.