1855 – Former Convent of Mercy, Ardee, Co. Louth

0102

Built in the mid-1850s, the convent was designed by John Neville, County Surveyor for Louth. The three-storey seven-bay block built of coursed rubble features with an attractive cut limestone single-storey porch in Perpendicular style. A stone chapel was added in 1873. After lying empty for several years it was sold in 2021.

Last Updated June 13th, 2024 at 2:41 am