1811 – Former Barracks, Cahir, Co. Tipperary
Similar to many others across the country, with long two-storey ranges of accommodation facing onto the parade square. As was the norm, the central block featured a central bell tower and archway usually to another square behind. Laid out as a H-plan of blocks, it was the largest cavalry barracks in County Tipperary, and had accomodation for nearly 1000 men. It the headquarters for the South Irish Horse, a reserve cavalry unit, during the First World War. It was destroyed during the Civil War, with the builings in ruins by the 1940s when the Irish Army used the parade ground as a campsite.