1780s – Former General Post Office, College Green, Dublin
In 1783 the General Post Office of Dublin moved from Fownes Court to the south eastern side of College Green directly opposite the Parliament Building. A Georgian building with living accommodation provided alongside for the head of the post office. It was eventually found to be no longer suitable, and a new site was found across the river on the fashionable Sackville Street. This building was sold and the site used for the Royal Arcade. Approximately where the former National Bank of Ireland is.