1713 -Southgate, Cork
Originally, like Northgate, the site of a wooden drawbridge. In May 1711, agreement was reached by the council of the City that North Gate Bridge would be rebuilt in stone, while in 1713, South Gate Bridge would be similarly replaced. Both North and South Gate bridges were designed and built by George Coltsman, a Cork City stonemason. The bridge illustrated is still in use today after the prison was demolished in the early 1820s.