1920 – No.45 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin
After the original building was destroyed in the Easter Rising of 1916, architect George P. Beater was again hired by Elvery & Co to redesign their premises. He had adapted the previous building on the site for the company in 1895. Work started in 1917 and the building was completed by June 1920. It was praised in the Irish newspapers, ‘A notable feature of this block is the large amount of window space provided on the street level.’ Later taken over by the Irish Press Group, and now a tawdry fast food restaurant with appalling windows at street level between the original polished limestone pilasters. This building deserves more.